Saturday, November 9, 2013

GoAnimate

GoAnimate is an easy way to make a dialogue because all characters, scenes and actions are already there.I would use this tool to ask students to do pair work. That is, they need to work with one partner to create a short dialogue. This can be followed by a class presentation of this dialogue. If it is a speaking class, I will ask students to record their own voice for the dialogue. In this way, students can practice speaking with partners and I can also assess students' pronunciation by watching their short videos.

If we have a paid version, I would encourage my students to create their own characters, their hair styles, eyes and so forth. In this way, students are doing what they like using their imagination.
With such a tool, learning can be switched from boring classroom dialogue practice to dialogue performance in a real scene. Students will be motivated by this.


1 comment:

  1. I think that the use of this tool as a pronunciation assessment tool is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete