Thursday, September 5, 2013

Using Blogs to Meet Learning Standards

Using blogs with my own students...

One thing I will do with blog is to post some materials related to the course. Students can read them and prepare for our class discussion. We may begin our discussion before class because we can comment instantly. If students have any problems, they can let me know so that I can adjust before class. This helps my class interaction with students more efficient. I can get in touch with my students whenever I want. By commenting on my students' blog, I can communicate with my students and get to know their thoughts better. 

Using blog for my own professional development....

I think blog will be very beneficial for my professional development. Blog enables me to think more about my teaching after the class. For example, I may post a new blog to record my own teaching experience. During this writing period, I will consider my advantages and disadvantages in my class. So this helps me do better for my next class. Also, because of the blog, I can keep a lot of important information that I can refer to in the future.

Standards that Student Blogging meet...

1.

Creativity and Innovation

Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students:

a.apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
b.create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
c.use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
d.identify trends and forecast possibilities.

2.

Communication and Collaboration

Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students:

a.interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
b.communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
c.develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures.
d.contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.

   Teaching English as a Foreign Language: ACTFL standards

4 comments:

  1. Your ideas for using blogs are fine and you have chosen some good standards to have your students meet through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas about using blogs to let students interact, collaborate with each other. They can share their ideas and opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea about using blog with your students. I think it's a great way to communicate with students by blog, and convenient to communicate as well. What's more, the interaction between teachers and students is dynamic and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share the same idea with you about using blog with students. By the way, I like your blog background which makes me feel comfortable and relax.

    ReplyDelete