Sunday, September 22, 2013

Diigo and Scoop.it

                           

                vs.

Diigo and Scoop.it  are both helpful tools for keeping websites that can be accessed from anywhere. I will lose my collected useful websites if I change a computer before. Now with these tools, I can assess my websites anywhere at any time.
I can follow others and others can follow me in both of the two tools. We can share useful information with people all around the world. By searching for the multiple tags in Diigo and Scoop.it, I can assess thousands of websites I am interested in. Diigo and Scoop.it provide organized and rich resources in our field.
However, they have some differences. For example, I can highlight text in saved articles in Diigo. It is useful if I want to take some notes and to share with others. This is one feature that Scoop.it does not have. However, scoop.it allows us to comment on others’ scoops so that people can share opinions on one topic. I can copy and paste from original article to appear in comments about site.  Also, scoop.it offers suggestions for related articles. I found this most useful because it saved me a lot of time finding information related to my aimed topics.
By comparing the two tools, if I would continue to use one of them, I would like to use scoop.it because I like its suggestions for related articles. This is a great way to expand the information I want.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this tool proves useful to you throughout your career.

    ReplyDelete